What is it?
The Sangkheum Program for Young Adults
- Preparation Program – 2 years to prepare the 16-18 yr old orphans for life beyond the orphanage.
- Integration Program – 2 years supporting them in the first years beyond the orphanage, financially but also as guardians/advisers
- Personal and Social Development skills such as
- Health awareness
- Domestic science
- Money management
- Jobs and careers
- Sex and relationships
- IT/Computer skills
- The world around us
- General skills for development such a
- decision making,
- planning, monitoring and reviewing
- self-awareness and self-presentation
The Sangkheum Program for Young Adults financially supports the rent and food costs for living outside the orphanage, supports them learning to cope on their own, cooking for themselves, finishing their education, taking on a job and caring/supporting their families etc.
How much does it cost?
The three year budget is an estimated $94,000
Why support this programme?
‘Without the Sangkheum Program for Young Adults there may as well not be any orphanages if all it does is postpone the time until the children/young adults are back living off the streets in poverty’
Daniela – Project Manager, Sangkheum Center for Children
Most of the children in the centre have siblings that will be inspired and ultimately supported by the elder brothers and sisters.
HOPE firmly believes supporting the Sangkheum Program for Young Adults will make a permanent difference to the Young Adults.